Christmas Blessing - We Are Pregnant!!!

December 25, 2013

I am so excited to announce that after two years of trying, four  failed IUI's,  and one failed FET...we  are  finally  pregnant!! I can't explain how happy we are for this blessing. Seven  days after transfer I got the urge to test,  so bought  a couple different kinds of pregnancy tests after work and rushed home! I made my husband hold the test afterwards because I was too nervous to look at it.  Then after a couple minutes we looked and there  was the faint blue cross... something I had never seen in real life!! I dreamt of this moment forever and thought I would cry and then be so happy.  But in reality I was freaked out and nervous and sweaty!!

I ended up taking a pregnancy test each morning until my beta.  First time going  in for a beta test and feeling confident!  Nurse called me a  little after 2:30pm. I have to say that after receiving so many calls from the fertility clinic telling me I'm not pregnant and looking at negative pregnancy test after negative pregnancy test, I wondered if I would ever hear the words "Congratulations,  you are pregnant!" To finally hear those beautiful words,  was heavenly!!  First beta at 9dpt  was 316!   She said that was a really good  number and that it should increase 60%  every 48  hours.  So at 13dpt I got my second beta and it was 1554!!

Everyone says pregnancy  after infertility  does not seem real  until the baby actually pops out,  which I thought was ridiculous... but I am having a hard time grasping  that this is real. I have another beta on December 30 &  then my first ultrasound on January 8.  I'm hoping that when we see the heartbeat,  it will hit us that it's real!

For now, I go to acupuncture,  still take all the same meds I did during the TWW,
switched to all  natural beauty products ( no more glycolic acids for me!),  watch what I eat and pray and meditate daily!  Plus I bought a pregnancy journal and downloaded a pregnancy app too see how the baby develops week to week.

Honestly,  as I write this I feel like someone else is writing it.  Thinking back to how many other peoples IVF  blogs I've read where they get pregnant and I cry and now I'm writing mine!! Please don't pinch me if I'm dreaming, I want to live in this dream forever.

I am so grateful for the love,  positive thoughts and prayers from our friends and  family.  We could not have gotten through it without them,  for this we are  so blessed.

I can't wait to watch our babies grow!

1 comment: